STS-41G Extravehicular Activity
David Leestma was EV-1 for the STS-41G extravehicular activity (EVA) with Kathy Sullivan (first American female spacewalker). They conducted an EVA to fully demonstrate the feasibility of refueling satellites from the Space Shuttle, and performed the first contingency EVA task involving the Ku-band antenna. STS-41G was the fourth Space Shuttle mission to perform an EVA, and Leestma related his experiences with training, the spacesuit, and EVA tasks that were conducted on October 11, 1984 during this mission.
- Confirmation of Attendance
- David Leestma's Biography
- NASA U.S. Spacesuit Knowledge Capture Website
- U.S. Spacesuit Knowledge Capture Program Catalog
- Environmental Control/Life Support Catalog
- Environmental Control/Life Support Community of Practice (NASA Internal Networks Only)